Braised Brisket Taco
- 1 Creekstone Farms whole beef brisket
- Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite dry rub
- 2 large red onions, diced
- 1 apple
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Red wine to cover (2-3 cups)
Preheat the Braising pan to 350 degrees F.
Drizzle brisket liberally with olive oil then season the meat on both sides with salt and dry rub seasoning.
Place the brisket in the pan and sear on both sides to form a nice golden brown crust. Remove brisket from pan and set aside. Add onions and apple to pan, browning and then add the garlic and red wine. Place the brisket back to the pot, cover and place in the oven for 3 hours or until the brisket is fork tender.
- sliced avocado, or a simple guacamole
- sliced red onions
- fresh spinach
- raspberry-habanero sauce (a puree of habanero peppers, onions, garlic, kosher salt, and raspberry sauce)
Also served at Tacos and Tequila during the New York Food and Wine Festival 2011, this recipe is from Leo and Oliver Kremer from Dos Toros Tequiria in NYC. Dos Toros Taqueria