Dry-Brined Ribeye With Green Peppercorn Crema
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Steven Raichlen’s Project Fire and is a Signature Recipe for Creekstone Farms.
*Photo courtesy of Chris Bierlein
Creekstone Farms Prime Boneless Ribeyes (Recipe for 4 Steaks)
Coarse salt (sea or kosher)
Coarsely and freshly ground black pepper
Green Peppercorn Crema Anchovy Cream (recipe follows)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 to 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brined green peppercorns, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Minced chives, for garnish (optional)
Arrange the steaks in a baking dish. Generously salt each on both sides: you’ll need about 1/2 teaspoon salt per steak. (Tip: Sprinkle the salt from a height of 6 inches for even distribution.)
Dry-brine the steaks in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning them once.
- Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to medium-high. Brush and oil the grill grate.
- Generously pepper both sides of the steaks. Arrange the steaks on the grill grate. Grill for 1-1/2 minutes, then give each steak a quarter turn to lay on a crosshatch of grill marks. When the bottom is sizzling and browned (and you may see beads of blood start to form on the top), turn the steaks and grill the other side the same way
- You’ll need about 3 minutes per side for rare (120 to 125 degrees) and 4 minutes per side for medium-rare (130 to 135 degrees). Use an instant-read thermometer inserted through the side of the steak to check for doneness. Transfer the steaks to a wire rack set over a rimmed sheet pan; the rack prevents the bottoms from getting soggy.
- To serve, pool the Green Peppercorn Crema on a platter or plates. Top with the steaks and chives, if using.
Green Peppercorn Crema Recipe
Place the cream, anchovies, peppercorns, and garlic in a heavy saucepan and simmer, stirring often, over medium heat until reduced by half, 10 to 15 minutes.
Puree in a blender. Return the mixture to the pan and whisk in the butter. Keep warm.