Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
All Things Barbeque
Elevate your next tailgate with Chef Tom's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs cooked on the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe!
- 2 lb Creekstone Farms Signature Brisket Blend Ground Beef Pucks
- 1/4 cup Kozlik’s Amazing Maple Mustard
- Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 slices Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles
- 16 slices classic cut bacon
- 8 Hawaiian rolls, quartered
- Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
- Butter lettuce, for garnish
- Cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Secret Sauce:
- 1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup American Stockyard Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tsp pickle juice (from Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles)
Build hot coal bed in the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe. Bank the hot coals to one side of the fire box for indirect grilling, and adjust the airflow at the top and bottom of the grill to stabilize the temperature around 550ºF.
Combine the Creekstone Farms Signature Brisket Blend Ground Beef and Kozlik’s Amazing Maple Mustard and mix thoroughly by hand until tacky. Divide into 32 (1 oz) balls.
Press out each ball in the palm of your hand. Season with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Place 1/4 pickle and 1/4 slice cheese (folded into a cube) in the center and wrap beef around to enclose. Transfer to a sheet pan. Refrigerate to chill, about 30 minutes. Wrap each stuffed meatball in 1/2 slice bacon.
Place the cubed Hawaiian roll in a Finex 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Spray with Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat. Season with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Toss to coat. Place the skillet on the indirect side of the grill and close lid. Cook until the bread is lightly toasted, tossing occasionally to brown evenly. Remove the skillet from the grill.
- Grill the Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs over indirect heat until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF. Remove from grill.
Mix the ingredients for the secret sauce in a bowl.
- For presentation, skewer lettuce, then cherry tomato, then meatball, then crouton. Serve with secret sauce for dipping.