Korean Barbecue Beef Bulgogi
All Things Barbecue
Chef Tom fires up his Le Griddle Stainless Steel Teppanyaki Grill for some sweet, savory & umami flavor packed Korean Barbecue Beef Bulgogi!
3lbs Creekstone Farms Natural Prime Boneless Ribeye Steaks, thin sliced
Rice, for serving
6 Green Onions, sliced, whites and greens separated
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Noble Saltworks Smoked Turbinado Sugar
1/4 Cup Mirin
1 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, Fresh ground
2 Cups Asian Pear (or Bosc Pear), diced
1 Medium yellow onion, chopped
6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp fresh Ginger, minced
1 Tbsp Heat Maverick's Where Did the Mango Hot Sauce
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the thin sliced ribeye in a small Briner Bucket or other marinating container. Pour the marinade over the beef. Toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 4-8 hours.
- Preheat your Le Griddle Stainless Steel Teppanyaki Griddle, high heat.
- Remove the beef from the marinade directly transfer to the griddle. Spread evenly in a single layer to form the best crust. Add the white parts of the green onions, and half of the green parts. Toss occasionally until browned around the edges and cooked through. There is no finishing temperature. The meat will quickly cook through and be “well done”, but the marinade and thin slicing will yield very tender beef.
- Serve the Bulgogi over rice, topped with sliced green parts of the green onions.