Slow-Cooked French Dip
Got a busy day? Throw this together in the morning and come home to a meal ready-to-go and guaranteed to satisfy!
• 1 Creekstone Farms Beef Chuck Roast (about 2 1/2 pounds), trimmed of excess fat
- • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- • Olive oil, for searing
- • 2 medium onions, chopped
- • 8 cloves garlic
- • 1 bay leaf
- • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- • Few dashes Thai hot sauce, optional
- • 2 cups beef broth
• Crusty French rolls, sliced lengthwise for serving
- • S oft herb-flavored cheese*
Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large pan or Dutch oven on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the beef and sear until brown on all sides. Place roast in slow cooker and add onions, garlic, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, Thai hot sauce and broth.
Turn slow cooker to its lowest setting. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the meat begins to fall apart with the pull of a fork. Remove the meat from the slow cooker and slice beef into 1/4- inch slices, or shred it, depending on your preference. Ladle off the fat from the top of the jus and discard. (Reserve the jus from the pot.) Slather both sides of the French bread with the cheese and top with beef and onions. Serve with a side bowl of au jus.